As an incorporated municipality, Rolling Fields offers an enhanced level of services that contributes to what, we feel, is an unparalleled sense of community and convenience.


Rolling Fields is served by the Indian Hills Police Department (IHPD) through an Interlocal policing agreement with the Cities of Indian Hills.  IHPD provides traffic,
security service and a level of familiarity with residents that assures prompt response
(3 minute service performance goal) and courteous attentiveness.

Routine Calls or House Watch requests – 502.893.1375

Emergencies – 911 or 502.893.COPS (2677) and identify yourself as a Rolling Fields resident
asking for an IHPD response.

Crime Alert sign-up: go to and click on the crime alert tab SIGN UP HERE


Rolling Fields contracts coverage with the St. Matthews Fire Department.
The Department provides fire protection and EMS service at a rate of
10 cents/$100 property valuation.

Prevention – The Department will provide a free residential audit upon request.

Caution – open fires are prohibited in Jefferson County by Metro Ordinance

Emergencies – Dial 911


Waste Management provides garbage and trash, yard waste and recycling services.
Garbage pick-ups are on Tuesdays and Fridays, except Holidays, in which case the weekly
schedule is bumped back one day.  Pick-up is limited to three 32 gallon cans in the rear
of the house and three 32 gallon cans or the equivalent at the curb.

Recycling is offered on an individual basis and is billed directly to residents.
To see acceptable items please CLICK HERE 

Please call the Waste Management customer service line if you have any other questions
or suggestions at 502.966.0117.

WM does not take:

Hazardous Waste*/Liquid Waste/Tires/Dead Animals/Any Burning or Smoldering Materials/Car
parts in contact with Petroleum products/Batteries/Freon/Construction Materials/Items larger
than 4 feet in length/All paint cans must be dried with lid off.

*Hazardous Materials (paints, liquids etc.) will be accepted at the Waste Management facility on Grade Lane.  This facility is open only of Wednesday and Saturday.  Call before to confirm – 502.574.7336

WM does take:

Waste Management does allow each resident to put out one junk item per week.

Accepted items:  Waste Management does allow each resident to put out one junk item per week. Couch/Chair/Table/Mattresses/Box Springs/Washer/Dryer/Hot Water Heater/Rugs Cut and Ties in 4ft Sections/Any item 50 lbs or under.         

Yard waste

will be taken on Tuesdays only and must be segregated from other
trash and placed at the curb.  Yard waste include grass clippings, leaves, brush, branches and limbs (not over 6” in diameter).  Limbs and brush must be cut and tied in bundles no longer than 48” in length and 16” around.


Tree Program

The City provides a financial incentive (2/3rd the cost, up to $300) and expert arborist consultation for residents who provide a home for trees in a publicly visible location on their property.

For more information:  email Beth Moffett @

Right of Way Maintenance

Streetlighting, signage, snow removal, paving are all city services.

To report needed maintenance contact Mayor Dunn at

Franchise Authority

Your city licenses various public and private utilities to do business within the
city based on city standards.

Please refer to Links section on this site to contact each franchisee directly
regarding issues or concerns.

Property Maintenance/Regulations

Other than deed restrictions, the City generally defaults to Metro standards on property
maintenance and activities.  More restrictive covenants may be in effect in certain cases.
CLICK HERE to access Rolling Fields’ Ordinance archive.

Permitting:  Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, remodel or change the occupancy of a building, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system the installation of which is regulated by the Metro code must obtain a Metro permit.

In addition, any building permit issued by Metro must be coincidentally submitted to Rolling Fields
for approval along with a processing fee of $100.

Deed restrictions generally require that side yard from house to property line be a minimum of 8 feet and a total of 18 feet for both sides.  All improvements must be in keeping with the architectural character of the City and must be designed to compliment and enhance the
value of property.

Drainage:  The City requests that any drainage issue be submitted to the Rolling Fields Building Official before being submitted to the Metropolitan Sewer District.  In responding to individual requests MSD often does not take into consideration the broader implications of their work on community aesthetics and property values.