Please Don't Breed Mosquitos or Collect them Like Lightning Bugs
Nothing is worse than having mosquitos ruin what would otherwise be a peaceful evening on the patio. While effective mosquito management requires integrating a variety of available control strategies, the best way to control mosquitoes is to find and eliminate their breeding sites! STAGNANT WATER…
• remove trash, bottles and debris holding water
• clean clogged gutters and downspouts
• flush birdbaths and fountains
• weekly drain flowerpots, other garden containers
• drain water from children’s wading pools, toys
• fill in holes and other depressions in the yard
• clean debris out of drainage easements
• eliminate standing water on flat roofs or water around air conditioner units
• adjust tarps over woodpiles, grills and boats so water does not stagnate.
When you can’t flush, drain or clean out tree holes, ditches, low areas or drainage easements in your yard, you can use a larvacide product. Most home-use larvacide products are harmless to the environment and will not hurt people, pets or wildlife when used properly and according to label directions. These products can often be found at various hardware, garden and pond stores.